Pages

Sunday 18 August 2013

Introductions please...

So hello world! For those of you who don't know me, you don't want to! For those who do, well there's no going back. It's like hearing/seeing your parents having sex, you'll never forget it!

Now that obligatory rude comment is out of the way, let me introduce myself. I'm Craig, 27, from Leicester in the UK, I'm a Liverpool fan, have 3 princesses (wife, 2 daughters), love games (any device, except the DS it's crap and for kids) and have MS. Most of you will be in a similar scenario, MS wise. I've created this mainly for the MS scenario to be fair, I see a lot of positivity in others doing it for both the blogger and readers. Naturally I decided to do the same and impart my vast knowledge to you, the reader.  
Now as this is an introduction I'm not going too deep or serious about much of anything, that will come down the line! So I'm going to talk about my background on the blog. It's known as Griever and to link in with one of my likes above it's from a computer game, but what it symbolises and the design are fantastic and will always stay with me, especially as I'm having it as a tattoo. It's meaning is of strength and courage. I believe in the 'fight' against MS it's especially important for both. Now I had this discussion on another blog in which the point was made that it isn't a fight, as you can't stop it, there is no fight to be had. BUT that doesn't mean something can be fought, otherwise where would the saying "go down fighting" come from? 

To fight shows strength and courage, according to the free dictionary courage is: 

The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.

Basically do something even though you know it's going to be bad for you. MS scares me, I fear it, but I am going to fight it, and although I'll question myself and why I do some things, I'll have the courage to change them if they're wrong, or persevere when others tell me it's wrong without knowing themselves. As I say, life is not a popularity contest and I won't do something through peer pressure. It's one of the reason I don't have any mates!

I lied by the way, that was a bit serious...

No comments:

Post a Comment