Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

Old School

Last night after 'shopping' on Gumtree I went and picked up a PS2. Now you might hear this and think I'm just going for a budget minded option for entertainment option, or perhaps something for the kids. WRONG! I went out and bought it for 3, at most, games that I can't play any other way! I've always been a fan of the Final Fantasy series of games and the PS2 has some that are unique to it so I've gone out of my way to acquire them. 

This doesn't sound very MS does it!? Well not really, but these games centralise on the idea that there is evil and in the face of adversity they are always overcome, even though the price sometimes may be high. I've always believed in this, I've yet to come across the part where the price may be high, and hopefully will not! But since my diagnosis and first relapse I've come out swinging (before this I'd just gone along thinking it probably won't do much)! I've made sacrifices with my diet being completely different to a) what it was and b) to what most people live by nowadays. I inject myself daily, much to the annoyance of the stinging/aching for 20 mins or more afterwards. Like all MSers I battle a mental battle frequently, but there's no living in living in fear of something I cannot change or rid myself of, I can only try to barricade the door while it batters at it!

What inspirational game/film/book would perhaps use to symbolise your battle, MS or otherwise, for you?

See I've shortened my post this time...


2 comments:

  1. Haha I once bought a PS1 for €30 just cos FFIX came with it! Love that game. Currently playing FFVII for the umpteenth time on the pc. I don't know what inspirational game/film/book would symbolise my MS battle. Sleeping Beauty maybe cos I've been tired for three years now and nothing I do makes it any better. That prince with the kiss to wake me up would want to get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS2s were not made for HDTV! I've got it on the smallest TV in the house (32" HDTV). Look a lot better than my front room one though! Got FFVII and FFVIII on the PC, people are currently working on a complete re-work of FFVII and it looks brilliant but still very much a work in progress. You could find some FFVIII tweaks and improvements on there. It's www.qhimm.com forums

      Delete